Home Mufti Ebrahim Salejee Ramadhaan 1434 Morning majlis – Tuesday 21st Ramadhaan / 30th July

Ramadhaan 1434 Audio Downloads

Morning majlis – Tuesday 21st Ramadhaan / 30th July

Highlights of Hadhrat Mufti Ebrahim Salejee Saheb's Majlis

1. When sitting in the company of the Mashaayikh we need to identify our weaknesses. This can be resembled to a medical scan. The scan may identify the ailment but would not cure it. One will have to now go for treatment to some qualified doctor in order to get cured of his sickness. Similarly whilst in the company of our Mashaayikh, we may identify our sickness. We will then have to take up the initiative to get them corrected. The failure of which will result in those weaknesses still being in our systems. As a result of misunderstanding this, many complain: “I have attended so many programs, yet I find myself to be the same.” These are two separate efforts. One is to identify the problem and the other is to remedy it. When both are implemented then only the desired change will be perceived. 

2. Three primary elements are required to achieve a deep connection with Allah Ta‘ala:

a) Tazkiyah: To refine the inner self from all evil characteristics, jealousy, pride, malice etc. This may take time since these qualities are intrinsic in man. One needs to shun all the traits of evil character and conform to the noble character of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam).

b) Dawaam-e-Taa‘at: To remain constantly in the obedience of Allah Ta‘ala. In any situation one is always conscious of obeying and upholding the injunctions of Deen and refrains from any type of disobedience to Allah Ta‘ala. 

c) Kasrat-e-Zikr: Remembering Allah Ta‘ala in abundance.

3. Good character comprises of the following aspects: 

a) Never take your own part in an argument. Rather look at the situation from your opposition’s angle. Generally you will always find a way to prove that you are right, even it may be your fault. So the safer route is to look at the problem through the next person’s eyes. If there are 99 possibilities that you are right and one possibility to prove that you are wrong then take the blame on your head.

b) Have a smiling countenance. Don’t pull up your face. Sometimes you get home from work and for some reason your wife is upset with you over something. Hence she starts yelling and shouting at you. One response is to pull up your face and show her that you are upset. This however is not a wise and intelligent approach. The better response is to keep the cheer on your face and cheer her up as well. This would be done by tolerating her comments and then asking her for maaf for whatever may have upset her. In this way everyone will be happy.

c) Tolerate others and overlook their shortcomings. We should focus on this fact that Allah Ta‘ala will be happy and reward us immensely by us overlooking others. After all we anxiously desire to be pardoned and forgiven by him. So why shouldn’t we also pardon others. The lives of our former people are replete with instances where they forgave others. Once an Arab’s son was murdered by his nephew. When the option of taking his nephews life was presented to him, he told the judge: “If my left hand chops off my right hand then would it make sense to chop off my left hand as well?” In other words if my son was like my right hand then my nephew is like my left hand. After all he is also my blood relative. So why should I cause more bloodshed and kill him also. Hence I pardon him. However since my son’s mother would be deeply affected by his death, I request that some portion of blood money be given to her in order to comfort her heart.

d) Don’t bear any malice in your heart for anyone. It becomes an impediment in the path of you doing good to others. This is apart from you feeling miserable from within yourself. Someone said very beautifully: “If you harbour malice then happiness will dock elsewhere.”

4. We marvel at the Auliya who have attained high and lofty positions in the site of Allah Ta‘ala. They gained whatever gained because they thoroughly cleansed themselves and adorned themselves spiritually with the noble character of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam). Hence they were posted to high positions in the Aakhirah. 

Al-Haadi - Site Map