Home Mufti Ebrahim Salejee Ramadhaan 1434 Night majlis – Tuesday 22nd Ramadhaan / 30th July

Ramadhaan 1434 Audio Downloads

Night majlis – Tuesday 22nd Ramadhaan / 30th July

Highlights of Hadhrat Mufti Ebrahim Salejee Saheb's Majlis

1. All ‘ibaadaat are performed for one to get connected with Allah Ta‘ala. However, there is one ‘ibaadat that is carried out specifically for this purpose and that is i’tikaaf, where one sits in seclusion and gains a connection with Allah Ta‘ala. Prior to receiving nubuwwat, Nabi (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) used to go into seclusion and it was something that was beloved to him. There is no doubt that Nabi (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) had the best connection with Allah Ta‘ala, but he felt the need of attaining a special connection. Anything that will affect this seclusion should be avoided.

2. To understand our life in this world, we should think that we have boarded a plane. When one boards a plane, he does so to get off after some time. He does not remain in the plane forever. Hence, we have come to this dunya to get off and return to the Aakhirat. We are not here to stay forever.

3. Ponder over the aayaat in Surah Faatihah. We tell Allah Ta`ala that it is only Him from whom we seek help. So everything happens through His help and planning. Thereafter, we beg Him for guidance, that we require His guidance all the time. It should not be that we get lost and end up with the maghdhoob ‘alaihim (those with whom Allah Ta‘ala is angry) or with the misguided. From the standing posture, we then go into ruku’. Contemplate that I am submitting myself entirely before Allah Ta‘ala because I want to reach Jannah. Upon rising from ruku’ we say “rabbana lakal hamd” (O our Rabb! To You alone belongs all praise.). Think that this was another opportunity given to me to receive rewards. Hence, I should praise Allah Ta‘ala.

4. Imaan and yaqeen grow in proportion to how much you put your mind into the Aakhirat. Our condition is such that the dunya seems to be real to us and the Aakhirat is just a dream. However, the enjoyment of this dunya is such that it is extremely short. It does not even remain with a person for even two days.

5. When Nabi (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) explained to the Sahaabah (radhiyallahu ‘anhum) that a time will come when the disbelieving nations will invite each another to attack the Muslim Ummah like how people are invited to a meal, they asked the reason for this. Nabi (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) explained two problems: (1) Love of this world (2) Dislike for death. Unfortunately, this is the condition we find ourselves facing. This is what needs to be remedied and thereafter all our problems will be solved. One way of remedying this is to frequently think of death for at least 15 – 20 minutes daily. If we become afraid at the thought of death and the spectacle of the grave etc. then think of the great rewards in Jannah.

Al-Haadi - Site Map