Home Mufti Ebrahim Salejee Ramadhaan 1434 Morning majlis – Wednesday 22nd Ramadhaan / 31st July

Ramadhaan 1434 Audio Downloads

Morning majlis – Wednesday 22nd Ramadhaan / 31st July

Highlights of Hadhrat Mufti Ebrahim Salejee Saheb's Majlis

1. One buzurg mentioned: “It is my habit to recite three verses of the Quraan Shareef every morning. Thereafter my mind is at ease and I am not worried at all what will happen for that day.” The three verses are:

a) “If Allah sends a difficulty to you then no one can remove it except him. And if blesses you with some good then he has power over everything.” 

In today’s times there is an abundance of frustration and anxiety. One way to remedy this is to program and channel the mind correctly. Having the correct mindset aids one in overcoming any difficulty and in keeping him calm and composed. The above aayat teaches us that whatever takes place good or bad is only through Allah Ta‘ala’s will. He has the supreme control. Whatever he decides to happen it is inevitable. A dessert Arab who owned a huge flock of sheep was once caught up in a desert storm and lost hundreds of sheep. We can well imagine what loses he must have incurred. However when he learnt of the extent of the damage, all he said was “maktoob” (i.e. All this was ordained by Allah Ta‘ala and was bound to happen. There is no need to fuss and make a noise). Although there were huge losses but when the mind is aligned correctly then even difficulties become easy. 

b) The second aayat is: “If Allah Ta‘ala bestows any mercy to anyone then no one can prevent it, and if He holds back any bounty, then no one can bestow that to anyone. Allah Ta‘ala is most powerful, most wise.” 

All the excellence and bounties we enjoy must be attributed to Allah Ta‘ala. At no point should a person ever feel that whatever I achieved is because of my own wisdom, acumen, experience, expertise etc. This type of mentality is the way of 

Qaaroon. When he was told to be kind to others he retorted: “Whatever I have is because of my knowledge and intelligence.” He attributed everything to himself and neglected his duty to Allah Ta‘ala, hence he was swallowed into the earth together with all his belongings.

c) The third aayat is: “Allah Ta‘ala will bring ease after difficulty.” 

Every difficulty is followed by ease. Look at the example of a doctor. He goes through so much difficulty whilst studying. He has to leave the comfort of his home, attend lectures punctually, sacrifice being away from his family and folks etc. Then

comes the internship. Many a times he is posted to some remote area and has to serve there for one full year. During this period he has to work around the clock. But once all this is over and he now settles as a qualified doctor, sometimes heading multiple surgeries and earning millions then all the difficulty is forgotten. 

2. Shaikh Abdul Qaadir Jailaani (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) explains that calamities are either a means of punishment or a source of blessings. It all depends on a person’s response and attitude to that calamity. If he is calm, composed and does not adopt a complaining attitude then the calamity becomes a blessing in disguise. Through this calamity a person’s status becomes elevated and he becomes closer to Allah Ta‘ala. On the contrary if he becomes distressed by asking questions like ‘why did this happen to me’ etc. and adopts a complaining attitude then this calamity becomes a punishment for him. When any calamity strikes then the right thing to do is to fall into sajdah before Allah Ta‘ala and beg his forgiveness for any misdeed we may have committed. Sometimes the reason for these questions and complaining attitude is our association and interaction with the West. Their culture is designed in this way. When we go through their training systems and channels like schools, universities etc. then their ways begin to take route in us. A believer always has his focus to Allah Ta‘ala and assigns his affairs to Him. 

3. Many a times the difficulty that a person goes through becomes a barrier between him and sin. But no sooner the difficulty is removed and he has excess wealth and free time, that he falls into sin.

Al-Haadi - Site Map