Home Mufti Ebrahim Salejee Ramadhaan 1434 Morning majlis – Friday 24th Ramadhaan / 2nd August

Ramadhaan 1434 Audio Downloads

Morning majlis – Friday 24th Ramadhaan / 2nd August

Highlights of Hadhrat Mufti Ebrahim Salejee Saheb's Majlis

1. The Mashaayikh of the past would focus more towards islaahe malakaat (redirecting and adjusting the temperament of a person) in comparison to islaahe aa’maal (correcting the actions), because reshaping the temperament fixes the problem from the root, whereas correcting the actions is tantamount to merely treating the symptoms. For example, if a person has an inordinate love and craving for wealth, then he will do anything to get it. Initially he may steal some money in order to fulfil his craving. If you stop him from stealing, then he may go into gambling, and if you prevent him from this then he may get involved in interest. Hence, instead of correcting these individual actions, the constructive approach will be to adjust his inner temperament, i.e. the deep craving for wealth that he has.

2. It is impossible to change human temperament, however it can be reshaped and redirected. Hazrat Abu Zar Ghifaari (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) was involved in robbery and theft before accepting Islam. Whenever he saw wealth by anyone he disliked it being by him and snatched it from him. After accepting Islam, this inner temperament was now redirected. He still disliked people owning too much wealth, but now he would not steal it rather he would instruct them to give it away in sadaqah. Before accepting Islam, Hazrat Umar (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) embarked to assassinate Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) and was prepared to the take the life of any person who opposed his way. After accepting Islam he would still be ready to take a person’s life, but now for the sake of Deen. On numerous occasions he would say to Nabi (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam): “Allow me to behead this hypocrite.”

The question is that how is this temperament redirected and adjusted? The way the Mashaayikh adopt is that they make you think of death and the Aakhirat. When your thought becomes engaged in this, you begin to ask yourself: “What arrangements have I made for that realm? When I go into my qabr (grave) then what will happen to me?” You also begin to realise the despicable nature of this world and it will really appear to you even more insignificant than the wing of a mosquito. When this is your frame of mind, you will not neglect any of your duties to Allah Ta‘ala nor to the people.

Al-Haadi - Site Map